Here's everything you need to create your own ideal customer profile.
To create an ICP, you need to conduct customer surveys, so start by picking 7-10 questions from your personalized list of questions below. Choose the ones that will have the most impact in how your company deals with its customers.
Then, check out your ICP templates. See what an ICP for your field should look like, then fill in the blanks to create an ideal customer profile that is practical for your team and your business.
↓ Click here for a downloadable version
Demographics and personal data:
- What’s your age group?
- What’s your highest education level?
- What do you do for work?
- What’s your gender?
- Are you married?
- Do you have children?
- How many properties do you own/have you owned?
- What is your current financial status?
- What’s your household income?
- What’s your monthly budget?
- When you started looking for a real estate agent, were you financially prepared to move, or were you waiting to overcome some obstacle or receive an influx of cash?
- Were you working with a lender before you came to us?
- Did you save money over a period of time to purchase a home, or did you have a sudden influx of money (such as receiving an inheritance, selling a company, or getting an insurance payoff)?
Major influencers and online behavior:
- Which social media platforms do you use every day?
- Which social media platforms do you use on a weekly basis?
- Where do you go for information about available real estate opportunities?
- How do you stay up-to-date with current information about real estate in your area?
Hopes and goals:
- What goals did your family have with regard to moving?
- How did using [your real estate services] help your family reach their goals?
- How did you decide where you wanted to move to?
- What motivated you to put your house on the market?
- What features were most important to you in a new home?
- What was your family’s biggest challenge when it came to real estate services?
- Did you have a deadline to find a new real estate opportunity or sell your home?
- How has using our services helped you overcome those challenges?
- At what price would you consider [type of real estate service] to be so expensive that you would not consider using it?
- At what price would you consider [type of real estate service] to be so cheap that you doubt the quality?
- At what price would you consider [type of real estate service] to be somewhat expensive, but still an option?
- At what price would you consider [type of real estate service] to be a great deal?
Decision factors and purchase process:
- Where did you first hear about us?
- Why did you decide to work with us?
- Were you working with another real estate agency before working with us? If so, why did you switch?
- How long were you searching for a home before you started working with us?
- How did you set requirements for your real estate purchase decision?
- What main concerns did you have about purchasing a new home/selling your home?
- How did your real estate agent help you deal with your concerns?
Use of your services:
- How do you prefer to communicate with your real estate agent?
- Did our services live up to your expectations?
- How did your real estate agent help your family?
- How did working with your real estate agent benefit you as an individual?
- What price did you expect to get for your home? How did your real estate agent help you get that price?
- What were you expecting to pay for a new home? How did your real estate agent help you stay within your budget?