Here's everything you need to create your own ideal customer profile.
To create an ICP, you need to conduct customer surveys, so start by picking 7-10 questions from your personalized list of questions below. Choose the ones that will have the most impact in how your company deals with its customers.
Then, check out your ICP templates. See what an ICP for your field should look like, then fill in the blanks to create an ideal customer profile that is practical for your team and your business.
↓ Click here for a downloadable version
Demographics and personal data:
- What’s your age group?
- What’s your highest education level?
- What do you do for work?
- What’s your gender?
- Are you married?
- Do you have children? What age groups are they in?
- What is your current financial status?
Major influencers and online behavior:
- Which social media platforms do you use every day?
- Which social media platforms do you use on a weekly basis?
- Where do you go for information to solve insurance issues?
- How do you stay up-to-date with current insurance information?
- Where do you search for service providers for your family?
Hopes and goals:
- What goals does your family have?
- How does using [your insurance services] help your family reach their goals?
- When you buy a [type of insurance] policy, what do you want it to accomplish?
- What’s your family’s biggest challenge when it comes to insurance?
- Are you satisfied with the insurance coverage you have?
- Before working with us, what was your family’s biggest insurance challenge?
- Did you have a deadline to overcome that challenge?
- How has [company] helped you overcome that challenge?
- Does anyone in your family have preexisting health conditions?
- Are you satisfied with the coverage for those conditions?
- How many vehicles does your family have? Who in your family drives those vehicles?
- What vehicles do you own?
- How do your vehicles handle in a bad storm?
- Where do you live?
- Do you have a security system at home?
- How much budget does your family have for insurance?
- At what price would you consider [type of insurance] to be so expensive that you would not consider buying them?
- At what price would you consider [type of insurance] to be so cheap that you doubt the quality?
- At what price would you consider [type of insurance] to be somewhat expensive, but still an option?
- At what price would you consider [type of insurance] to be a great deal?
Decision factors and purchase process:
- Who in your family handles decisions about insurance?
- Where did you first hear about us?
- Why did you decide to work with us?
- Besides price, what’s the next most important thing for you to consider when choosing an insurance policy?
- Did you use another insurance provider before working with us? If so, why did you switch?
- Do you currently have insurance policies with another company? If so, why?
- How did you decide which insurance policies to purchase and how much coverage you needed?
- What main concerns did you have about purchasing insurance?
- Are there any types of insurance that do we not provide that you would like to purchase?
Use of your services:
- How many claims have you made in the last year?
- How would you rate the overall experience with those claims?
- How does having insurance coverage with us benefit your family?
- How does having insurance coverage with us benefit you as an individual?
- What’s your preferred way to talk to your insurance agent?