Here's everything you need to create your own ideal customer profile.
To create an ICP, you need to conduct customer surveys, so start by picking 7-10 questions from your personalized list of questions below. Choose the ones that will have the most impact in how your company deals with its customers.
Then, check out your ICP templates. See what an ICP for your field should look like, then fill in the blanks to create an ideal customer profile that is practical for your team and your business.
↓ Click here for a downloadable version
Demographics and personal data:
- What’s your age group?
- What’s your highest education level?
- What do you do for work?
- What’s your gender?
- Are you married?
- Do you have children? What age groups are they in?
- What is your current financial status?
- Who in your family handles the finances?
Major influencers and online behavior:
- Which social media platforms do you use every day?
- Which social media platforms do you use on a weekly basis?
- Where do you go for information to solve financial problems?
- How do you stay up-to-date with tax information?
- Where do you search for service providers?
Hopes and goals:
- What financial goals does your family have?
- Do you have any large upcoming expenses?
- How does using [your financial services] help your family reach their goals?
- How many times have you come across a financial issue you couldn’t solve on your own in the last year?
- What’s your family’s biggest challenge when it comes to finances?
- Do you complete your tax returns alone, or do you use our services?
- Before working with us, what was your family’s biggest financial challenge?
- Did you have a deadline to overcome that challenge?
- How has [company] helped you overcome that challenge?
- How much budget does your family have for financial services?
- At what price would you consider financial services to be so expensive that you would not consider buying them?
- At what price would you consider financial services to be so cheap that you doubt the quality?
- At what price would you consider financial services to be somewhat expensive, but still an option?
- At what price would you consider financial services to be a great deal?
Decision factors and purchase process:
- Where did you first hear about us?
- Why did you decide to work with us?
- Did you use another financial service provider before working with us? If so, why did you switch?
- How did you decide what financial services you needed?
- What main concerns did you have about purchasing financial services?
- Which services do we not provide that you would use?
Use of your services:
- How often do you need our financial services?
- Did the service provided live up to your expectations?
- How do our financial services help your family?
- How do our financial services benefit you as an individual?